Skip to main content

I stopped blaming! In my country, nothing goes as planned. Someday, it may, may happen.

Two days ago the General Manager of Club Mahindra visited my father. He asked about me and assured a job in the resort. When my dad told me about it, he did not stress much but asked me to think about it. I'm sure, he didn't like me going through this. I liked the offer, but first, I wanted to go as far as I could go on this journey. I never got a chance to decide for myself throughout my life, so now When I make a decision, I want to stick to it.


He is having a tough time at work and sounded low. After working for 22 years in the industry his MD said, he is not in favour of the company, which hurt him. He may not be in favour of the company, but he is always in favour of the employees and that's how an HR should be. In recent times, with people's increasing greed for money, ethics are fading. I call it hospitality while they call it business. I tried to tell him, even if we startup we have to be like that to survive our corrupt system.

The day I put down my papers at Tripvillas, I woke up with a feeling that it was my last day there. I took permission for a few hours to collect some certificates from college. When our newly appointment HOD Anil Sir asked about my plans I told him I wanted to travel. He asked why I had not started yet and I said people were giving different opinions leaving me confused. He simplified it and said ' don't plan for 3 years right away, first try the plan for 3 months and sustain. The rest will be lead.

Oh, that ride back to Gundupatti brought me to life! Taking corners on the curves of Kodai, I rode along with another bike for some time, once he overtook he disappeared. I wanted to race but slowed down, I was new to the roads and I did not own the ride.

All that time before reaching, I thought I could stay alone easily but after reaching I started to feel lonely. I sowed some beans in the garden and planted some flowers. As it got darker, I made a sambar with beans and pumpkin, ate with rice and slept early.

The next day, Vibin called to tell about a booking of 18 people and they would come only to stay. I fried some bitter guard and ate with rice and sambar from the previous yesterday. I missed a sweet, some freshly plucked peaches made up for it. I was hungry again when I woke up. I made some poha and called my mother while It started pouring and it poured heavily. There is no power. I wrote a few lines listening to the sound of rain. Later, I took a ride to a temple nearby where they played loud music for the last two days. I reached to find a group of women dancing, a crowd gathered. I spent some time and got to know the main festival is tomorrow.


I was woken by the lady who stayed nearby. She wanted me to buy some beetle leaves and tobacco. I asked about the festival and she said it would start around 12 in the night and lasted till 5 in the morning. I made Khichdi for breakfast and lazed around the bungalow for some time. She offered some dosa batter and I ha with a potato and beans fry. later, she came and helped in removing weeds from the coriander we sowed a few days back. I did that for a while and got bored, I felt hungry again!


I took a walk to buy some biscuits and peanuts and started eating while I read a novel. The men who ruled India by Philip Mason. About the history and how the English came in and goes on. It's very boring since I'm not a fan of history, but have just this book right now. while I sat outside reading the novel, I took my breaks with nature. As it got darker I came in and it started raining again. It's been raining for the last 45 minutes now and looks like it's going to continue for more time. Luckily there is power.


I started feeling very low last night. When I checked up on the bike, Moosa Bhai said he has not started the work and even the paperwork was pending. Subhash sir said I had to pay another 500 as a fine for his delay. I stopped hoping to travel on the Jawa. I trust people by their words and often left disappointed. It's been 7 months now since I dropped the bike. If I had waited for it to start my journey, I would still be home. Why can't people stick to their word, just simply utter it for the moment? In India, nothing goes as planned. You simply go with the flow. Someday, it may, may happen... But now, I don't blame anybody. I understood.


When I told this to dad, he asked me to just come back and start up a business. I felt lost for a moment and started to consider the offer at Club Mahindra. It was a long night, being alone made it even worse. I felt the need to change myself to cope with the present world. It made no sense if I returned when I have enough cash to travel. After a bath, I went to the temple nearby and meditated. I decided to continue to travel.

Vibin Etta called to inform about a guest and said Mani Etta would reach back today. The guest called me in the evening and I guided them. I went to guide them as they stood clueless at a junction nearby. Mani Etta called to say he has ordered chicken, which I had to collect. After bringing the necessary items I started cooking and made a chicken fry like we make at home. No packed masala. The best part is the vessel, they call it uruli. While I prepared chicken mani Etta reached with 3 of his friends. He brought ready-made chapattis, some fruits and two varieties of homemade pickles. He had gone to see a famous festival in Thrissur called Pooram.

We unloaded the items and I started heating the chapattis for the guest. After serving, I made rice and dhal fry for his friends, sipping on a peg of Chivas Regal. I was sober the last few days and am happy with such a drink being offered. One among them 3 is a bachelor in his 40s, George Etta works as a manager in a corporation bank. Ramesh a lawyer in Palakkad and Gobi who did church work and owned a construction business.


I was called at 6 am, The water was over he said. I went and turned on the motor and the day gradually started. They handed me a tip of 300 and left. I heated the chapattis and the chicken for us then cleaned the rooms and vessels. Sudev Etta is back from Kerala. He is good to help. Yesterday was hectic when I alone had to make chicken masala and heat 53 chapattis. It was already 9 when I served and it passed 12 when I finished cleaning the kitchen and the heap of vessels.









Like the blog? Then support the blogger

You can contribute through Phonepe @ 7259496378 ( Akarshan Devanand )

Or

Bank transfers can be made to

Federal Bank

Akarshan Devanand Bhagwan

Account number - 19310100012360

IFSC - FDRL0001931

Kushalnagar branch

---

Instagram

@Akarshandevanand

https://instagram.com/akarshandevanand?igshid=ZDdkNTZiNTM=

YouTube

https://youtube.com/user/TheAkarshan17

Thankful to them all, Thankful to the One! Much metta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With the first Snow fall of my life, It was a feeling worth for being born

The next morning I visited the temple again before I rode back. I was having tea when a person suggested to me to visit Munsyari. The map showed 128 kilometres and he said it could be snowing there now. I took that direction and as I rode higher, it started getting colder and I wore almost every single cloth I had, one over the other, layers of new and the old thermals, a woollen sweater, a 100 rupee pullover from Shillong, my jacket and the decade-old rain Jacket. Waist down I had 2 thermals and jeans, woollen socks from decathlon and not to forget the 200 rupees sneaker. As I rode ahead, the landscape and cold only got better and better and by evening while I was just about 30 kilometres away from Munsyari I started seeing snow. For once, I felt worth being born. For a moment I recollected my Status on Social media just before starting this ride, when I said riding to the land of snow and sand on the Platina, My Friend Sukesh had commented asking, riding till snow? I live to my word

Alone, in the night, walking towards a light far far away. through the lush green valleys of Nagaland. - Dzuko valley

While riding to Nagaland through Silonijan, my engine oil measuring cap burst suddenly while climbing a road uphill, causing oil to leak. I managed to reach a Bajaj showroom in Barpathar after 30 kilometres, fixed it and changed the engine oil. The technicians were so amazed at the Platina, that they honoured me with another Gamcha.  The day went fast with that minor hiccup but I couldn't find a spot to pitch my tent. As it got darker I found a place to camp in a small neighbourhood. When I requested Ajay Boro, he agreed to let me camp. I put my tent and sat for a conversation with the families there. Brother Ajay asked me about my habits and I said I smoked up. He took me just around the house and for 50 rupees they gave me about a hell lot. I was dumbfounded! I said I didn't want so much. They said that’s how much they gave for 50. I smoked with an old man in his pipe and took Ajay da to buy some liquor since he didn't smoke.  This man Ajay Boro had a beautiful life but k

The Himalayas! A new feeling rushing through my body.

It happened again, a view of mighty mountains in front of me and a road leading into it, I was lit like fire. The Himalayas! It was a new feeling rushing through my body, I can still feel it as I'm writing this. I was climbing very slowly with my 100cc engine having just enough power to pull me through, as I was feeling the need for some extra power under my throttle. Can you imagine climbing the Himalayan mountains at 30 kmph? The mountains kept me calm, the view of clouds resting on the mountains, the slight drizzle and those winding roads through the lush forests kept me going. After all that riding, I was now starting to feel the real cold. I reached Darjeeling town around 3:00 pm and found a youth hostel to stay and it started raining. I was inside The Darjeeling zoo when I suddenly bumped into Jeevan Thomas. We had done our graduation together in Bangalore. He was there with his family and worked for a travel firm in Kolkata. He looked the same as before. No change in shape o