Skip to main content

Funny Country, Funny People. Always keep yourself on top priority.



We Served breakfast for a family on their anniversary, and he tipped us 500. We decided to drink tonight. Of late, Jai and Raghu were starting to act cranky, not wanting to show any interest in work. Jai has started drinking and doesn't look like he wants to work anymore. We stopped bothering about them.

Today, I watched a movie after a long time, Singam 3, watched it on the phone and recollected the days in Bangalore when I used to watch 5 to 6 movies every day on my laptop connected to a home theatre, The home theatre was one of my favourites, I don't regret selling it since, I sold it to my lecturer and I really needed that money.

Swami and I went out and bought 4 quarters of one-man army, I don't remember if it was brandy or whisky. That afternoon was lazy, we did not have much to do. I wrote for some time while the clock ticked 6.

Last night was fun with some booze in our bodies. It's fun to talk with brother Lawrence when he is drunk. He started speaking English and kept saying he was like an elder son to the chef. When we were almost done chef arrived. He had got his share of booze and the conversation continued until we crawled to comfort one by one.

I decided to quit the job, Nitesh had confirmed on the other, I mailed my resignation asking to be relieved by end of the month. Today, I am waiting to finish work and go back to Meadows. I called Nair at 7 to ask if we could take the order, he said he will call back. Since there were no other rooms, it was just the managers. He called back at 8 to order, we served and I called Nitesh. He said he would pick me. While I kept walking towards meadows, he came.

I woke up at 9 after a good night sleep. Nitesh Etta took me for breakfast and we brought food for Savitha too. Mani Etta who runs the cottage in Gundupatti was there and he wanted me to join as soon as possible since they wanted to go to Kerala.

There is a group of 16 boys at meadows, came in 2 rented Innova's. They got drunk and rammed a bus from the back. The car took a good amount of damage, the guys were safe, one needed a couple of stitches above his eye. I stayed there a while and was dropped back in mani Etta's car. I went to the room and rested.

Selvam sir is not quitting and we have a new General manager. Selvam sir handled operations while Nair was the resort manager and the new man was the general manager. Selvam sir was so strong with his decision, people said he did not speak in the meeting but was simply asked to continue. Now, Since he is staying back, all are asking me to stay as well. I rarely changed my decision. For me, I stayed here for a month, experienced it and wanted to see another place and experience it.

Selvam sir got a new office, we set it up for him. Though I was going to quit I wanted to do my best and get out with pride. There are 16 rooms booked for today and we are watching at guests checking in one by one. I had my tea and sat in the restaurant typing. Today is going to be busy and I am Looking forward to it. We planned it wise this time. I took care of the orders while Navneet handled the restaurant. Jai and Raghu did service. It all went well and the time simply flew. It was past 10 when I checked the time.

I love ending my meal with a sweet. Luckily it was a kids birthday and they offered some cake for the staff. The other day while clearing a table, a guest had left a full bowl of Kesari bath almost untouched which I kept aside and when I was about to eat after dinner Raghu stopped me. I said rather than just dumping it in the garbage just because someone had taken a spoon, at least I would fulfil my meal for the day. Years ago when I visited Yemen, I saw people gathering and eating from one plate, drinking public water without washing the glasses. Though they drank sipping from the glass, I rarely saw anyone wash it. They knew the importance of water and back here in our country I've seen people using more water to wash the glass than drinking. Even The modern RO Water filters waste a good amount of good water to the drain. So funny!




After breakfast, I was called for a meeting. It was the first group meeting of my life. I've worked in some companies but this was the first time I was called as an executive. I suggested bringing in Navneet also since I was leaving the job soon. The GM started briefing about the things to be done by every department. I waited till he got to ours and spoke about the work timings and the need to get pest control. Earlier today we had 2 cases where one guest found a baby cockroach in his coffee and another found a roasted insect in his uthappam. Gm asked the chef about the last time pest control was done and he stood without an answer. Navneet spoke about Jai and Raghu who were not trainable.

After coming out chef had a problem with us talking about the boys being untrainable. He said Raghu alone managed the resort for a month during the previous season, but he did not understand though Raghu had an experience of 3 years why was he still cleaning tables? Navneet tried to explain, This way the resort will squeeze all his sweat at a low cost and throw him out when they are done leaving him old and useless.

Earlier when Selvam sir came to the restaurant I asked, what made him change his decision. He said the owner's father in law simply asked him to continue without giving him a chance to talk.

Took a bath and walked to a temple nearby. Hiked and rested on a place in the woods before getting back to the hotel. I had to make a few calls. I spoke to my grandmother who is undergoing radiation, wished my friend Karthik since it was his birthday. I called Moosa Bhai to check on my motorcycle and requested him to fix it as soon as possible and finally to Subhash sir to check on the bike's papers.

I was reading the novel "home before morning". The Story of an Army Nurse in Vietnam is a memoir written by American writer Lynda Van Devanter in 1983 about her experiences, serving as a nurse in a war and how she changed after being there for just a year. It caused her so much damage mentally, she was unable to live a normal life, with her memories haunting.

A couple on their anniversary wanted us to buy an eggless cake which was available in 1 kg only. while the husband tried to explain there was no point in buying the 1 kg since they can't finish. It cost 1000 for a kilo and she insisted on that, finally, he paid. Later, They just cut the cake and left it in the fridge without sharing it with anyone and disposed of it later.







Like the blog? Then support the blogger

You can contribute through Phonepe @ 7259496378 ( Akarshan Devanand )

Or

Bank transfers can be made to

Federal Bank

Akarshan Devanand Bhagwan

Account number - 19310100012360

IFSC - FDRL0001931

Kushalnagar branch

---

Instagram

@Akarshandevanand

https://instagram.com/akarshandevanand?igshid=ZDdkNTZiNTM=

YouTube

https://youtube.com/user/TheAkarshan17

Thankful to them all, Thankful to the One! Much metta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With the first Snow fall of my life, It was a feeling worth for being born

The next morning I visited the temple again before I rode back. I was having tea when a person suggested to me to visit Munsyari. The map showed 128 kilometres and he said it could be snowing there now. I took that direction and as I rode higher, it started getting colder and I wore almost every single cloth I had, one over the other, layers of new and the old thermals, a woollen sweater, a 100 rupee pullover from Shillong, my jacket and the decade-old rain Jacket. Waist down I had 2 thermals and jeans, woollen socks from decathlon and not to forget the 200 rupees sneaker. As I rode ahead, the landscape and cold only got better and better and by evening while I was just about 30 kilometres away from Munsyari I started seeing snow. For once, I felt worth being born. For a moment I recollected my Status on Social media just before starting this ride, when I said riding to the land of snow and sand on the Platina, My Friend Sukesh had commented asking, riding till snow? I live to my word

Alone, in the night, walking towards a light far far away. through the lush green valleys of Nagaland. - Dzuko valley

While riding to Nagaland through Silonijan, my engine oil measuring cap burst suddenly while climbing a road uphill, causing oil to leak. I managed to reach a Bajaj showroom in Barpathar after 30 kilometres, fixed it and changed the engine oil. The technicians were so amazed at the Platina, that they honoured me with another Gamcha.  The day went fast with that minor hiccup but I couldn't find a spot to pitch my tent. As it got darker I found a place to camp in a small neighbourhood. When I requested Ajay Boro, he agreed to let me camp. I put my tent and sat for a conversation with the families there. Brother Ajay asked me about my habits and I said I smoked up. He took me just around the house and for 50 rupees they gave me about a hell lot. I was dumbfounded! I said I didn't want so much. They said that’s how much they gave for 50. I smoked with an old man in his pipe and took Ajay da to buy some liquor since he didn't smoke.  This man Ajay Boro had a beautiful life but k

The Himalayas! A new feeling rushing through my body.

It happened again, a view of mighty mountains in front of me and a road leading into it, I was lit like fire. The Himalayas! It was a new feeling rushing through my body, I can still feel it as I'm writing this. I was climbing very slowly with my 100cc engine having just enough power to pull me through, as I was feeling the need for some extra power under my throttle. Can you imagine climbing the Himalayan mountains at 30 kmph? The mountains kept me calm, the view of clouds resting on the mountains, the slight drizzle and those winding roads through the lush forests kept me going. After all that riding, I was now starting to feel the real cold. I reached Darjeeling town around 3:00 pm and found a youth hostel to stay and it started raining. I was inside The Darjeeling zoo when I suddenly bumped into Jeevan Thomas. We had done our graduation together in Bangalore. He was there with his family and worked for a travel firm in Kolkata. He looked the same as before. No change in shape o