Skip to main content

Happy New year 2020. Yeah, Cheers!

I packed my luggage and rode towards Malana and Kasol. Being a stoner, it was something to cherish, to be there for the New year. With the present climate, I could not start early. I started around 9 in the morning and found a stay by 7 in the evening. On reaching Malana after 2 days, I ended up at a fake party that brought me together with a few boys from Kerala.

We just smoked up and lazed. On the 31st we took a bus ride to Manikaran for a natural hot spring bath. My plan was to attend a party as it was the new year but ended up cooking dinner for 5 people. 

Happy New year 2020. Yeah, Cheers! 

The first day of the year was lazy and I didn't like it. Everything happens for good and good things take time. 

The place was a mess. Torn blankets, filthy kitchen, dozens of bottles stocked up, ashes everywhere, with cigarette buds thrown around. Cleaning happened only once a day though. The guy running it, Regish was a lovely soul but in vain. He said he used to work in Dubai for a few years, lived in Kerala for a while and had then moved to Malana. Worked in a restaurant for some time and now was running this guest house. It was him alone managing everything from cooking to cleaning being on a high most of the time. The other 3 guests were from Kannur. Damn, so close to Coorg. Two of them working in Dubai and one worked in a shop in Kerala. 

The very first day of the year went for a toss and on the 2nd morning, I started to Bir Billing as guided by the great Rajinikanth. I asked Regish for the bill and he said 350 a day. It was worth the stay being a new year and I ate a few meals too. I started, said goodbye and rode on.

In life, often we feel we are off track, confused with what is right and wrong. What's right to you might be wrong to another. Overall we must not forget nature and its way of balancing lives. After all, what are we? humans, one among them million lives that are going extinct every day. We have brought our lives and lifestyles to such an extent that living has gone out of life. We are shaped by our experiences and only at the final moment when we close our eyes, we realize what we are. 

The funny thing is I'm in between. On one side I've lived with people having more than what they need, living to show off and always thinking to be better than the next person and on the other side, there were people who worked one season and rested another living together sharing whatever they have. Being in between is a rough patch, but I like it. On one side I have enough to eat till I die and on the other side, I'm always changing myself for my own betterment. It feels like a joker. :)

In this present world, one who's normal often ends up confused. He who knows life and ways of living right is often called a joker. After going around the country living with people across corners, seeing their culture and lifestyles, living in cities, villages and a lot alone in my tent, I have understood that I always felt the best with my own company. 

Spirituality on the other side has proved to me that the god we believe takes the side of Dharma, Satya and Karma. There is no point living tit for tat, nature does the job. I am someone who believes in all religions, they are all beautiful in what they really teach and I have faith in them all. What's unfortunate is today, even religion is manipulated by selfish self-proclaimed leaders with the compulsion to follow what their so-called leaders say rather than trying to understand the meaning of their own religion or understand God.

Islam believes in One God, Allah. Allah literally means One God, the supreme and the ultimate creator. For they can't call another god by name. Like in Hinduism we worship God in many names as per the individual needs, Laxmi for money, Vishnu for family, shiva for knowledge, shakti for energy and it goes on. Even Bhagavad Geeta, In conversations of our gods like Krishna and Vishnu, mentions the supreme one who is beyond themselves Krishna and Vishnu. Christianity on the other side, one is free from all sins once they confess. Sounds simple but it takes courage to speak out the fault.

My view is I believe in one God, the supreme. The one who has sent us messengers like Jesus, Mohammed and Buddha. People used their names to guide people in the name of religion. In Hinduism, I feel we follow the lives of some great people like Shiva and Vishnu who were also humans who lived great lives.

The trick between the three main religions, Islam says there is one God and one is not supposed to call him by any other name, he knows this so he is allowed to eat beef which is a form of god. In Hinduism, we have created numerous energy centres in various names. We want to have the power so we keep god aside and believe in these energy centres which work using gods energy. Hence we pray to cows for energy and are not allowed to eat them. Jesus on the other side, tried to live a rightful life and was still crucified with torture where the Christians understood to live was a balance of good and bad and to get over the guilt so you simply confess to god himself and move on.


Related Videos


Picture Gallery




On the way to Himachal.

On the way to Himachal.

On the way to Mandi.

Somewhere in Himachal.

On the way to Malana.


Like the blog? Then support the blogger

You can contribute through Phonepe @ 7259496378 ( Akarshan Devanand )

Or

Bank transfers can be made to

Federal Bank

Akarshan Devanand Bhagwan

Account number - 19310100012360

IFSC - FDRL0001931

Kushalnagar branch

---

Instagram

@Akarshandevanand

https://instagram.com/akarshandevanand?igshid=ZDdkNTZiNTM=

YouTube

https://youtube.com/user/TheAkarshan17

Thankful to them all, Thankful to the One! Much metta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With the first Snow fall of my life, It was a feeling worth for being born

The next morning I visited the temple again before I rode back. I was having tea when a person suggested to me to visit Munsyari. The map showed 128 kilometres and he said it could be snowing there now. I took that direction and as I rode higher, it started getting colder and I wore almost every single cloth I had, one over the other, layers of new and the old thermals, a woollen sweater, a 100 rupee pullover from Shillong, my jacket and the decade-old rain Jacket. Waist down I had 2 thermals and jeans, woollen socks from decathlon and not to forget the 200 rupees sneaker. As I rode ahead, the landscape and cold only got better and better and by evening while I was just about 30 kilometres away from Munsyari I started seeing snow. For once, I felt worth being born. For a moment I recollected my Status on Social media just before starting this ride, when I said riding to the land of snow and sand on the Platina, My Friend Sukesh had commented asking, riding till snow? I live to my word

Alone, in the night, walking towards a light far far away. through the lush green valleys of Nagaland. - Dzuko valley

While riding to Nagaland through Silonijan, my engine oil measuring cap burst suddenly while climbing a road uphill, causing oil to leak. I managed to reach a Bajaj showroom in Barpathar after 30 kilometres, fixed it and changed the engine oil. The technicians were so amazed at the Platina, that they honoured me with another Gamcha.  The day went fast with that minor hiccup but I couldn't find a spot to pitch my tent. As it got darker I found a place to camp in a small neighbourhood. When I requested Ajay Boro, he agreed to let me camp. I put my tent and sat for a conversation with the families there. Brother Ajay asked me about my habits and I said I smoked up. He took me just around the house and for 50 rupees they gave me about a hell lot. I was dumbfounded! I said I didn't want so much. They said that’s how much they gave for 50. I smoked with an old man in his pipe and took Ajay da to buy some liquor since he didn't smoke.  This man Ajay Boro had a beautiful life but k

The Himalayas! A new feeling rushing through my body.

It happened again, a view of mighty mountains in front of me and a road leading into it, I was lit like fire. The Himalayas! It was a new feeling rushing through my body, I can still feel it as I'm writing this. I was climbing very slowly with my 100cc engine having just enough power to pull me through, as I was feeling the need for some extra power under my throttle. Can you imagine climbing the Himalayan mountains at 30 kmph? The mountains kept me calm, the view of clouds resting on the mountains, the slight drizzle and those winding roads through the lush forests kept me going. After all that riding, I was now starting to feel the real cold. I reached Darjeeling town around 3:00 pm and found a youth hostel to stay and it started raining. I was inside The Darjeeling zoo when I suddenly bumped into Jeevan Thomas. We had done our graduation together in Bangalore. He was there with his family and worked for a travel firm in Kolkata. He looked the same as before. No change in shape o