Skip to main content

We all have a story to share

It is rare for me to sit pillion on motorcycles, But now I didn't have a choice, and I was starting to like it. It protected me from the cold and allowed me to enjoy the nature around. I even bumped into a wild buffalo in the city center. "Have they lost their way, or have we taken their place?"

There was a splendor bike left to rust at the cottage. I wondered If I could get the bike repaired so I can move around. The feeling of being lost is coming back. I am seeing many kinds of people. All have their own stories and struggles. I see old people carrying firewood on the roads. People earning their livelihood with small food joints serving hot meals in this chill climate. I have my respect for them. But I don't want to settle down here, and I need to keep moving. I wondered "how do i reach to the top of the country?"

I always thought "What's the fun when you know your next day?" Because When I first started working , I had got very comfortable on the job in a few months. And the thought of having to continue the same routine every day, killed me. Now, I'm starting to realize maybe that's how it's supposed to be. But right now I do not have an option. I signed up for this and something inside me that I trusted brought me here.

They brought me rice and fish curry parceled. After dinner Savitha started telling me about her past. She was married once and very soon the guy started harassing her. She managed to kill the days for 6 months, but he continued to do the same. Finally, she came out of it all and applied for a divorce. All that they had bought together was registered in his name, hence she ended up losing everything she had. She had sold her gold too for the divorce. Now having no money, her child had to be admitted to a government nursery school and living without a mother. That man got married again and now has a crore worth house and spent lakhs for its inaugural.

I knew it was her personal issue but now after spending some days with her, she feels like a sister to me. I tried asking her to atleast try to be a mother to her child. Mother is the most important part of our lives, and how can we expect a child to have a healthy childhood without a mother? While she was sharing this, Nitesh started playing music and continued with his flute. I did not like it, but I'm sure he did not want to take anything upon him.

Woke up at 8 am the next day, the morning feeling was good. After doing a few suryanamaskara, I meditated for some time. The sun was hitting my face through the window. I could hear electronic music playing on the first floor. The guys had been on a high since they got here. I am no saint but seeing so much cash spent on alcohol and smokes made me sad and the amount of food people waste here can feed so many.

Vishnu brother is here. He had met me when I got here. Peaceful person, always on a high. I have not see him sober at all, a fineman. He is here just for the day. He brought beer, insisted that I take a few sips. He also brought some delicious apple cakes and chicken puff. We had lunch at Babu mess, later a group of 14 were put up in Kairali. The evening continued with some more beer which Vishnu brother had bought. He paid for it, while I drove the car for him.

The last 2 days were slow, the normal routine of cleaning rooms, eating and chilling. We took the whole day yesterday just cleaning Nitesh's room, ending up having our brunch at 5 in the evening. The climate in Kodai is addictive once you start living here, but only if you like the rain and nature. It has been raining almost every day since I got here, and I had my sweater on, all the time. The sun comes out in the morning and is hard to find after noon. I tried for part-time jobs at Dominos and a few places to cater or deliver but was unsuccessful.

Savitha is starting to feel her financial crunch. She has to get admission for her child in a school, but she has no money or anyone who could help, and I wonder how that kid is living back at her place. She is looking to go abroad or find a decent job, but it has been a struggle since she lost her certificates and needed money to get them too.

How could a child have a healthy childhood without parents. He now has only his mother and she is not ready to take the responsibility of her own child. I would say if she wanted to support her son, she really needed to get out of this place and start working to support her family. Everyone has their own struggle, but we all just want to show off bright in the crowd, though we know no one gives a damn.


Today I do not regret starting this journey. I wanted to see the people across the country and learn how to live, to see how their lives are. I wanted to do it all for myself. You may be living a better life, but happiness is peace of mind, always, money can't buy. Life is the same even if you are a billionaire or a beggar. There are both good and bad, and one will always pay for his karma. If you decide to be happy with what you have then you will make the best of your life. Bad times are for all. Not many cry till the 11th day ceremony after a death. We start forgetting a person from the first day, sometimes even wait for someone to die.

"Its about 10 right now and we have a guest checking out. I feel better emotionally but for sure missing home. Still trying to find a place who can pay me for some work. "


That night, We met a person named Prem, in his forties, who ran a cottage nearby. I started talking to him and asked about his family. He is not married, has a girlfriend who has cancer. He knows she is not going to live long, the real pain was to see the suffering and live with it after. I felt good talking to him. He was a good soul. We shared a few stories and cherished that evening.


Like the blog? Then support the blogger


You can contribute through Phonepe @ 7259496378 ( Akarshan Devanand )


Or


Bank transfers can be made to


Federal Bank


Akarshan Devanand Bhagwan


Account number - 19310100012360


IFSC - FDRL0001931


Kushalnagar branch


---


Instagram


@Akarshandevanand


https://instagram.com/akarshandevanand?igshid=ZDdkNTZiNTM=


YouTube


https://youtube.com/user/TheAkarshan17


Thankful to them all, Thankful to the One! Much metta


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With the first Snow fall of my life, It was a feeling worth for being born

The next morning I visited the temple again before I rode back. I was having tea when a person suggested to me to visit Munsyari. The map showed 128 kilometres and he said it could be snowing there now. I took that direction and as I rode higher, it started getting colder and I wore almost every single cloth I had, one over the other, layers of new and the old thermals, a woollen sweater, a 100 rupee pullover from Shillong, my jacket and the decade-old rain Jacket. Waist down I had 2 thermals and jeans, woollen socks from decathlon and not to forget the 200 rupees sneaker. As I rode ahead, the landscape and cold only got better and better and by evening while I was just about 30 kilometres away from Munsyari I started seeing snow. For once, I felt worth being born. For a moment I recollected my Status on Social media just before starting this ride, when I said riding to the land of snow and sand on the Platina, My Friend Sukesh had commented asking, riding till snow? I live to my word

Alone, in the night, walking towards a light far far away. through the lush green valleys of Nagaland. - Dzuko valley

While riding to Nagaland through Silonijan, my engine oil measuring cap burst suddenly while climbing a road uphill, causing oil to leak. I managed to reach a Bajaj showroom in Barpathar after 30 kilometres, fixed it and changed the engine oil. The technicians were so amazed at the Platina, that they honoured me with another Gamcha.  The day went fast with that minor hiccup but I couldn't find a spot to pitch my tent. As it got darker I found a place to camp in a small neighbourhood. When I requested Ajay Boro, he agreed to let me camp. I put my tent and sat for a conversation with the families there. Brother Ajay asked me about my habits and I said I smoked up. He took me just around the house and for 50 rupees they gave me about a hell lot. I was dumbfounded! I said I didn't want so much. They said that’s how much they gave for 50. I smoked with an old man in his pipe and took Ajay da to buy some liquor since he didn't smoke.  This man Ajay Boro had a beautiful life but k

The Himalayas! A new feeling rushing through my body.

It happened again, a view of mighty mountains in front of me and a road leading into it, I was lit like fire. The Himalayas! It was a new feeling rushing through my body, I can still feel it as I'm writing this. I was climbing very slowly with my 100cc engine having just enough power to pull me through, as I was feeling the need for some extra power under my throttle. Can you imagine climbing the Himalayan mountains at 30 kmph? The mountains kept me calm, the view of clouds resting on the mountains, the slight drizzle and those winding roads through the lush forests kept me going. After all that riding, I was now starting to feel the real cold. I reached Darjeeling town around 3:00 pm and found a youth hostel to stay and it started raining. I was inside The Darjeeling zoo when I suddenly bumped into Jeevan Thomas. We had done our graduation together in Bangalore. He was there with his family and worked for a travel firm in Kolkata. He looked the same as before. No change in shape o